We offer face to face personal counselling at our Ballarat practice, for people wanting to make changes in how to cope with life challenges.
Life Aspirations provides reliable, respectful, and empowering counselling and psychological treatments, with a focus on quality care, and service to the client. Using clinical knowledge and skills, psychological assessment, measurement and intervention strategies are used in collaboration with you to achieve your goals.
A diverse range of personal issues that are addressed include:
• Stress and coping
A range of therapeutic approaches are used, depending on your needs, as part of our counselling approach, in our Ballarat venue, including:
• Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
• Schema Therapy
• Choice Theory / Reality Therapy
• Expressive Therapies using sand play.
Appointments need to be made for services provided at our Ballarat Central practice.
> Doctor (GP) referral
If you have been referred by your doctor and have a Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP), your fee will be substantially lower, as you are eligible for a Medicare rebate to assist with the payment for up to 10 sessions per year, through the Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative.
|Type||Time / MBS item||Fee||Cancellation fee|
|MHTP||50 minutes / 80010||Gap fee of $48.50
You pay $175.00 on the day and receive a Medicare rebate of $126.50 the next day.
|Full fee||50 minutes||$175||$50|
1. Fees are payable on the day of consultation. Fees must be paid in full by cash or card at the end of each appointment.
Facility is available for EFTPOS or credit card payment.
2. GST is not applicable to psychological services delivered by a registered psychologist.
3. A cancellation fee of $50 applies if less than 24 hours’ notice is given or you do not attend.
4. Private health insurance may cover psychology consultation fees. Please check with your insurance company if this applies.
5. Clients with a Mental Health Treatment Plan may opt to claim the Medicare rebate OR their own private health insurance.
6. Personal counselling is listed on the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS), Life Aspiration fees are substantially less than the recommended fee of $251 gazetted by the Australian Psychological Society. https://www.psychology.org.au/for-the-public/about-psychology/what-it-costs
7. Clients of Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) have alternative payment arrangements in place between Life Aspirations Pty. Ltd. and a third party.